Benefits of Property Investing
Property investment is a key wealth creation strategy in New Zealand. It is a significant step in growing your personal wealth and it also includes a range of other benefits. Buying an investment property can lead to future income generation and asset appreciation
Investment Property Finance
One of the most important elements in your investment, naturally, is managing your finances.
A number of factors impact on investment values:
- Capital management and capital commitment: Home loans, getting the best rate mortgages, and leveraging are common forms of capital raising for property investment
- Financing structure: Balancing mortgages, repayments, rental income and tax benefits
- Asset values: Improving the value of your investment by upgrading your property and adding additional capital gain and rental income potentials
- Property maintenance: Ongoing costs of maintaining investment properties
Practical Property Investment
As well as the security and wealth creation possibilities that come with an asset like a house, property investment offers other possibilities
- Rental income: Rental income, relative to your capital outlay, is a major factor in investment property values. Good rental income increases the value of your investment property. Rental incomes may also be used for “negative gearing”, a method of managing rental property expenses and offsetting your investment income against costs, this can mean you pay less tax on your income!
- Capital gains: Capital gains are the appreciation in value of your investment property over time. In New Zealand medium to long term property investment does not attract tax. Check with your professional advisers for clarification.
- Leverage value for financial purposes: Your property can act as a working asset for further investments. For example, you can use equity in both your owner occupied property and investment property as security for another investment mortgage
Talk to Us about Your Investment Portfolio
The most important aspect of property investing is good financial management. Your initial investments must be based on good capital management.
iLender is one of New Zealand’s leading mortgage brokers. We can help you with finding the right mortgage, expert advice on property investment in New Zealand and much more.
If you’d like to enquire about our services, give us a call on 0800 536 337 speak to one of our Advisers.
More information below:
Don’t just take our word for it – check out our reviews!
"Absolutely awesome words can't describe it even when we were declined you fought for us and got us our first home loan amazing job never gave up 5 starts and more"
Ross & Briar Parfitt
"I've dealt with many brokers and lenders in my career, these guys were BY FAR the quickest and stress free to work with. Everything was so easy for a change, professional, to the point, and simple. Highly recommend them! Can't speak highly enough of this company!"
"Our bank of 10+ years couldn't get the job done. Jeff and his team did it in two weeks, absolutely hassle free. Really need an option for a 6 star rating as the type of personalised service you receive from iLender just doesn't exist anywhere else."
"Thank you Jeff and team. We have found a home and you have made it possible for our family. You have made the impossible look easy and we are very thankful with gratitude that you have worked on our behalf. Very happy and satisfied customer and we highly recommend your services to those that find it a challenge buying a home...Thank you ++++"
"I am a first home buyer, who had been battling for 7 months to secure a home for my family and I. Jeff was my third try at a mortgage broker/banker, and by the time I got to Jeff I'm just thinking about giving up, this is just too hard. Jeff brought assurance and calmness to my situation straight away. He answered all my questions with clarity, and without hesitation or annoyance. Just shy of 4 weeks since working with Jeff, I am now a home owner. I cannot recommend him enough!! Thank you for all your help Jeff."